Chugim are interest groups. Kids choose their top three and are split into several different chugim. Chugim are run right before dinner. It is a time where kids from all shikvot (age groups) can get together and have fun doing activities they all like.
There are several chugim.
- Softball-playing many games of softball and having a World Series at the end of the session
- Down and Dirty-running and jogging
- Lit. Lovers-creative writing and reading
- Movies that Provoke-for older children, watching and analyzing films
- Ceramics-using a wheel and kiln to make pots, cups, plates and anything else ceramic
- Pain-ting-mixing activity and painting together
- Mosh on Broadway-putting on “West Side Story” for Mosh
- Sony Discman-Ultimate Frisbee
- Krepsie Survival Training-storytelling and hiking adventures
- Ideology-different crazy and fun activities every day
- Nashim and Gvarim (Guys and Dolls)-talking about gender
Videos of the chugim skits will be up shortly.
I will be visiting at least one chug a day and photos will follow. So check back in the next few weeks for pictures of every chug.